24 days, no peeps, no pips how long do I wait? SAD PICTURES ADDED

JustDawn

Songster
13 Years
Dec 7, 2009
Alpharetta Ga
Hi all,

I have my first eggs (7 Russian Orloffs) in the incubator and they were due on the 6th. It is now day 24 and I don't hear any peeps or pips. I have candled them and I have 3 nos and 4 yeses (though I couldn't see the air sac in one of the yeses, but it was the darkest egg).

I have a Havo-Bator 1602N
Anyways...
When I got them (through the mail), I let them set over night, large end up. I put them in the incubator the next day. I turned them 3 times a day starting on day 2 in the incubator but stopped on the 3rd, expecting my hatch on the 6th. I haven't touched them since cept I did candle them today (see above results).
The temperature has been pretty steady at 99-100, sometimes dropping to 98 and I would just adjust.
The humidity has been steady 50% though it did drop to 30% once and 40% once and I increased as soon as I saw it. I also increased it to 70% (though it's fluctuated from 65-70) for the last three days (though now it's been for 6 days since they are 3 days late).

How long should I wait? Do I help? What did I do wrong?

I'm so SAD!!!

Thanks =)
Dawn

Last edited:
My guess is you are running a bit cold.

Where are you taking the temperature? Should be on top of the eggs.

At this point, letting them go a few extra days can;t really hurt much.

Good luck..........

Nivtup,

Thanks for the reply. My thermometer was sitting right next to my eggs.... on the screen. I didn't know I should have it on top of the eggs.... I've moved it accordingly.

So I will wait until Sunday. I hope I didn't kill my babies.

Thanks.
Dawn

Out of curiosity, I put another thermometer on top of my eggs... The one that read 100 this morning, reads 101 now and the other one reads 98. I lowered the temperature cause I didn't know what else to do. Either I cooked my babies or froze them. I am so upset at myself.

I'm waiting on 5 eggs at the moment that my hen gave up on after 2 hatched. I had to move her and she decided to care for the chicks instead of keep sitting. they are under a heat lamp on day 20-21 and had peeping from one yesterday but now nothing.

Fingers crossed with you!!

Back
Top Bottom