24 EGGS-24CHICKENS!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Lesa, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    First time ever- I got 24 eggs from my 24 RIR's. Yeah girls! I can't believe it. We got a foot of snow yesterday, it is 20 degrees and I have added no light. I am so excited!! I was thinking maybe this would happen in the spring, never imagined it in January! I couldn't be more pleased. I have all of you to thank! I didn't know a thing about chickens this time last year. I read the forum all winter long and got my chicks in the spring. Thank you all for the great information!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok, now that is awesome!!!

3. leasmom

leasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Do you have a picture of the eggs??? That is two cool, so 2 dozen a day...nice.

4. mackenziesmomma

mackenziesmomma Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    I think I am jealous [​IMG] Yep, I am!

5. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

That is great! RIR's are excellent layers, you made the right choice in getting them! I have only 4 RIR pullets and I get 4 eggs from them almost every day. But with 24, there's a much greater chance that you wouldn't be getting an egg from every single one, so that is really exceptional. I think you may have to sell some, what would you do with about 14 dozen eggs a week?? [​IMG] What fun, enjoy! [​IMG] Genie

6. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I don't expect to get 24 eggs everyday, that's for sure! Have been getting between 17 and 20. But, it certainly was cool. I do have a few customers (and lots of folks who like free eggs...) I will take a picture- but I still haven't figured out how to post them. I was kind of sorry I didn't mix up my order a little and get more of an assortment. I am so jealous of all the beautiful chickens I see on this sight. In the end, I wanted happy chickens that would give me healthy eggs- and that is what I have. Still want to try some EE's though....

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I want to know what you are doing!!! I have 6 layers and 6 just starting and still only get 3 a day at best.

8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Wow, congrats on a full 2 dozen from 24 hens [​IMG]

9. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That's great! congrats!

10. kbarrett