24 eggs on lock down tonight!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nicoletm24, Aug 26, 2010.

1. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Songster

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    got 24 eggs that (should) be hatching sometime of this weekend [​IMG]
    what i'm going to do w/ 24 fuzzies....NO CLUE [​IMG] but i'll LOVE it!

today is day 18........last time mine were born on day 19..........crap...........I better get their brooder ready! lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Congratulations! Lock down is so exciting!

3. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Songster

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    Quote:thanks [​IMG]

4. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Songster

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    [​IMG] the stress and anxiety of waiting is killing me!!!!! LOL [​IMG]

day 19, and nothing yet.....

got the temp a steady 99 and humidity a steady 65%

ugh...it's like waiting for water to boil! the more you watch it the longer it takes! i'm ready to start hearing some peeping from the bator!!! [​IMG]

5. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Songster

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I know the feeling! I have 6 eggs that I have NO idea the due date because they had already been sitting under a hen when a friend gave them to me...she was selling the birds and didn't want to incubate any more this season. I rushed them home and put them in my LG and just hoped for the best. She didn't remember when they were laid for sure and they are from three different breeds so it's a guessing game. I haven't done a rigid "lockdown" as such because of this but I did candle this morning and found that one out of 6 has internally pipped into the air cell so I expect an external pip.....? Good luck and let us know!

6. Celiandy

Celiandy Songster

Jul 2, 2010
    Port Angeles
    I am in the same boat as you. Day 21 starts this evening, 6 polish eggs. I am so tired of having junky hatches, the last 2 were pretty bad. I am trying to think positive but I'm having a hard time expecting them to all come out. I can't wait for a pip. I have to fight the urge to open the bator.

Good luck!

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Good lucky, I'm presently hatching out on another thread. Wracking my nerves - really, cause I'm so used to a cabinet incubator and this styrofoam one has been giving me a head ache but I've got 10 out and some more peeps going on so hopeing to get some morebefore it's over!

8. Celiandy

Celiandy Songster

Jul 2, 2010
    Port Angeles
    Quote:Yay! Congratulations on you hatches! What day is it for you?

9. Celiandy

Celiandy Songster

Jul 2, 2010
    Port Angeles
    First pip!

I'm hatching for the first time in an egg carton so they don't get rolled too by the other chicks that hatch.

10. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Songster

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    ok.....day 19 has come and basically gone.....nothing so far [​IMG] I'm still waiting!!!!! and it's driving me crazy!!!!!! lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: