24+ extra Lavender and Porcelain Isabelle silkie eggs-NY ship

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
At long last I am finally ready to ship out eggs from my lavender pen and Porcelain Isabelle pen.

The lavender pen has a beautiful black lav split seen below over 9 lavender hens/pullets all of my best
smile.png

I am hatching out some black and lots of full lavs from these eggs. Although a lot of girls my roo seems to be keeping up.

The PI pen consists of 4 2X lavsplit/grey pullets/hens and 4 Buff/Lav splits with 2 nice 3rd generation Lav roos I am hatching both PI and full lavs as well as the "occasional what is that color?" chicks

My last hatch was 88% and almost 100% fertile.

Because they have been so hard to hatch up until now and because shipping does a real number on them I am offering 24+ extra eggs They will be VERY well packaged and no more than 3-4 days old. See this thread on how I package my eggs for shipping https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=289676

I am so happy with my last hatch and knowing that these eggs will probably sell for quiet a bit I am offering a guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your hatch and hatch out only 2 PI and 2 Lavender or less and you promise that you did everything right as far as incubating goes I will replace the eggs with either new eggs or 4 actual live chicks you pay shipping cost only.
wee.gif
Please keep in mind that a 50% ratio of hatched chicks from shipped eggs is considered good

fyi I can not ship any live birds to Ohio BUT i CAN SHIP EGGS.

here are some pics All pics are quiet old some a year or more, many pics are from when they were juveniles and they have filled in considerably since then. I plan to take all new pics this summer.

Lav Pen: some hens are beardless but have great type the roo is bearded

lavsplitroof2pic2.jpg

lav32pullet1.jpg

lav36pullet2.jpg

lav39pullet1.jpg

lav37blpullet1.jpg

lav-pearl26pullet1.jpg

lavenderbeardedhenf1pic1.jpg

lavendernonbeardedhenpic1.jpg

lavenderroof1pic4.jpg

beardedlavpulletf2pic2.jpg

beardlesslavpulletf2generation.jpg

From the PI lav pen

I dont have many pics of the buff splits but here are some with the old roo he has been sold I will need to take new pics of the 2 lav roos as I cant find any at the moment. I will add later this week along with some new pics of the buff lav splits.

DSCF0061.jpg

SilkiebuffF1hen1pic25.jpg

These are old pics of the weird 2X lav splits that are now being bred with the 2 full lavs

weirdchick12frompieggs.jpg

weirdchick1frompieggs.jpg

PI I hatched out last year from the same hens as now with a full roo as sire the ones I am hatching now look just like she did at that age.
PIPullet1.jpg

My goal with the lavenders is to have a rich dark lav color as opposed to the more washed out lighter lav color. With each generation I am getting that richer lav color predominately but since it is so hard to see in pictures I went out and picked up paint samples. I have found that the best representative of the lav color my birds have is from Benjamin Moore. My breeder birds are either Hampshire Rocks #1450 or Violet Pearl #1451 (this is the color I am most happy with) both having overtones of After the rain #1452 and Pebble Creek #1453 in them. These are all on one card sample so you can get an idea of what to expect

Last edited:
its really hard to see in this pic and there are some weird splits in there as well but here is a pic of the PI and lav chicks, I intend to take another one today I have been having some problems with a day time coon and just havent had the time.

but rest assured there are at least pi and lav in that group.

pilavandsplitchicks.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom