24+ extra Lavender and Porcelain Isabelle silkie eggs-NY ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, May 17, 2011.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    At long last I am finally ready to ship out eggs from my lavender pen and Porcelain Isabelle pen.

The lavender pen has a beautiful black lav split seen below over 9 lavender hens/pullets all of my best [​IMG]
    I am hatching out some black and lots of full lavs from these eggs. Although a lot of girls my roo seems to be keeping up.

The PI pen consists of 4 2X lavsplit/grey pullets/hens and 4 Buff/Lav splits with 2 nice 3rd generation Lav roos I am hatching both PI and full lavs as well as the "occasional what is that color?" chicks

My last hatch was 88% and almost 100% fertile.

Because they have been so hard to hatch up until now and because shipping does a real number on them I am offering 24+ extra eggs They will be VERY well packaged and no more than 3-4 days old. See this thread on how I package my eggs for shipping https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=289676

I am so happy with my last hatch and knowing that these eggs will probably sell for quiet a bit I am offering a guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your hatch and hatch out only 2 PI and 2 Lavender or less and you promise that you did everything right as far as incubating goes I will replace the eggs with either new eggs or 4 actual live chicks you pay shipping cost only. [​IMG] Please keep in mind that a 50% ratio of hatched chicks from shipped eggs is considered good

fyi I can not ship any live birds to Ohio BUT i CAN SHIP EGGS.

here are some pics All pics are quiet old some a year or more, many pics are from when they were juveniles and they have filled in considerably since then. I plan to take all new pics this summer.

Lav Pen: some hens are beardless but have great type the roo is bearded

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the PI lav pen

I dont have many pics of the buff splits but here are some with the old roo he has been sold I will need to take new pics of the 2 lav roos as I cant find any at the moment. I will add later this week along with some new pics of the buff lav splits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are old pics of the weird 2X lav splits that are now being bred with the 2 full lavs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PI I hatched out last year from the same hens as now with a full roo as sire the ones I am hatching now look just like she did at that age.
    [​IMG]

My goal with the lavenders is to have a rich dark lav color as opposed to the more washed out lighter lav color. With each generation I am getting that richer lav color predominately but since it is so hard to see in pictures I went out and picked up paint samples. I have found that the best representative of the lav color my birds have is from Benjamin Moore. My breeder birds are either Hampshire Rocks #1450 or Violet Pearl #1451 (this is the color I am most happy with) both having overtones of After the rain #1452 and Pebble Creek #1453 in them. These are all on one card sample so you can get an idea of what to expect

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. peepswiththepoof

peepswiththepoof Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    They are beautiful birds. [​IMG]

4. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oh thank you I am actually getting ready to post some chick pics [​IMG]

5. Awesome ,So waiting to see your Chick Pics ! [​IMG]

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    its really hard to see in this pic and there are some weird splits in there as well but here is a pic of the PI and lav chicks, I intend to take another one today I have been having some problems with a day time coon and just havent had the time.

but rest assured there are at least pi and lav in that group.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  7. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    ok just grabbed a handful and took these pics [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by