1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

24 hour auction - for 20-24 standard Salmon Faverolles eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Cloverleaf Farm, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I've got a whole bunch of eggs sitting here!! 19 right now to be exact! I will add whatever gets laid between now and when these eggs ship out tomorrow or Tuesday.

I am still getting less than optimal fertility in these (though I do have some super cute chicks in the brooder from these) that is why they are so darn cheap! Once the weather warms up and fertility is better, the price will go up, so get them now! In a month or two, this would be a $50 auction!

I individually bubble wrap every egg to protect them the best I can until they get to you! Please PM me for any questions, or for different quantities!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

May I ask why the shipping is so high?

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I have found it difficult to safely fit two dozen eggs in a flat rate box, so I use one that's slightly larger, and depending on where you are, I've had the shipping be up to $18.85, plus with individually bubble wrapping each egg, that's alot of expensive bubble wrap.

If you'd like me to try to fit them into a large standard rate box, with delivery confirmation and packing supplies, it would still be about $17. I would be willing to do that if you assume the risk associated with having to use less cushioning material around the eggs. [​IMG]

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Shipping isn't that high for the amount of eggs being sold....IMO.

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Oh, I see. I just didn't realize it cost that much. I agree ... better to be safe and use a larger box! Thanks for your reply!

BTW: I love these pretty birds! Thanks again! [​IMG]

6. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Oh, I see. I just didn't realize it cost that much. I agree ... better to be safe and use a larger box! Thanks for your reply!

BTW: I love these pretty birds! Thanks again! [​IMG]

Yeah, USPS upped all the prices this year! Grrr!! C'est la vie, I guess! Thanks for asking though! I'd rather be able to explain it, than have someone just sitting and wondering!

And thanks for the compliment! I really love that little chick in the pics, she's so cute! And I'm really happy with the coloring of her wing feathers so far! I have a couple more little ones in the brooder, but they are only a couple days old, so will have to wait and see how they feather out... [​IMG]

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Unfortunately, her shipping price isn't high. It's at least 10 bucks, if not more, for a dozen. I still want them!

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    We're up to 21 eggs and counting... [​IMG]

9. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Can I get clarification on what you mean by "less than optimal fertility"... can you let me know what percentage (example 80%... 50%) of your eggs you are finding to be fertile currently and what percentage of those fertile eggs you are successfully hatching currently.
    Thanks sooooo much!!! [​IMG]

10. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:I PM'd you back, but since you asked here too...it's probably around 60% if I had to guess (I never did an actual calculation, it could be a little higher, I'm estimating low for the benefit of the buyer)...though it's been since 1/7 since I've had room in my incubator to set any, so it could be higher by now, it's been pretty warm here...
    Thanks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by