Jessica Lyn

Chirping
Nov 13, 2021
Michigan
Out of 17 quail that went into lockdown, 11 have piped. The first one piped 24 hours ago now and has made no progress- multiple others are right along that time-frame and the same thing.. is this normal?? I can hear chirps, but not seeing a ton of movement from the eggs.. I'm really starting to worry.. here is a picture of when I first noticed the pip on the first egg 24 hours ago, it looks exactly the same now. They are myshire mix jumbos

Attachments

• 20211201_000620.jpg
    20211201_000620.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 52
What day are they supposed to hatch? Do any have multiple pip marks? 24 hours is not too long, but they should be hatching soon. Quail eggs often all hatch out about the same time, so once hatching starts, all will hatch in a fairly short time. Do not open your incubator as that would spell disaster. A change in humidity would cause the membranes to dry and the chicks will not be able to hatch on their own. If you have opened the 'bator after externally piping started, you may have to assist. Good luck.

What day are they supposed to hatch? Do any have multiple pip marks? 24 hours is not too long, but they should be hatching soon. Quail eggs often all hatch out about the same time, so once hatching starts, all will hatch in a fairly short time. Do not open your incubator as that would spell disaster. A change in humidity would cause the membranes to dry and the chicks will not be able to hatch on their own. If you have opened the 'bator after externally piping started, you may have to assist. Good luck.
Today is day 18, countdown ended yesterday morning. I have not opened anything up at all, I can add water to keep the humidity up from the outside.

I just double checked and I'm not seeing any with multiple pips, just one per egg, I think out of 17 about 14 have pipped now? Maybe 15

Back
Top Bottom