24 hours!! Pre-Spring Mixed Orp Eggs ~Lavender~Isabel~B/B/S~Split~ 8+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'm relisting, as they are still going and my hatch is only half done. I have nowhere to cook them!

This pen is mixed for the Winter and as I separate, I'll sell eggs since their production has picked up. Some of the pics show birds other than Orps, but those are older pics, and these have been Orps only for months. My birds are big, heavy, friendly productive layers, and we select for size, shape and temperament. The color projects will be separated by March.

We have 5 Isabel F1s, which will produce either an incomplete Gold-Laced Split to Lavender or Isabels. We have Lavenders, Blue, Splash, and Lavender Split. All eggs will be split to Lavender. These are housed together. I will provide 8+ fresh eggs, based on what they give me.

Because this is a mixed pen, I'm starting the eggs very low, but keeping the auction short, so keep an eye on it!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

What are Isabels?

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Isabel is a black and buff pattern (in this case an incomplete gold-laced pattern) with both black and buff diluted by Lavender. It is the color of a Porcelain, such as in the Porcelain d'Uccles, only without the white tips on the feathers. Some of my birds carry the Mottled gene, so I will be reaching for Porcelain ultimately, but I can't say what the ratio will be yet, so I'm not predicting that coloration yet.

Last night's hatch had a few mottleds, so...it'll be a part of the mix in the future!

4. Elly_Mae

Elly_Mae Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2010
    Suwannee County, FL
    Sooo curious to see who's going to be hatching some of these along with me! [​IMG]

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Beautiful pictures!!!! Beautiful birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by