24 "RAINBOW" Orpington Auction - PA

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
Here's your chance to enjoy my vision and a rainbow of orp babies!

Please go to my web site www.hinkjcpoultry.com to see pictures of the various colored Orpingtons we are working on. Some are still in project phases, while others we have been breeding for quite some time. PM me with any questions.

Included in the auction are a total of 24 eggs of the following (at least 4 of each depending on how they are laying at time of shipment - hopefully an even 6 of each if possible):

1) Lavender Orp hens X Black Orp roos = all offspring will be black and carry the lavender gene. Cross the offspring in spring to get your own lavender orp chicks.

2) White Orps - pure

3) Buff Orps - pure

4) Speckled Sussex X Buff Orpington (jubilee project): F2 crosses - chicks can be a multitude of colors, including mille fleur, red columbian, buff columbian, etc.

I am currently hatching eggs from all of these breeding pens, so fertility is confirmed & optimal.

Paypal or postal money order payments accepted. Ship to lower 48 states only. Have fun bidding & Happy Holidays to everyone on BYC!

Just wanted to add that if the winning bidder would like to customize the number of eggs and color choices, I am willing to do that. You are welcome to select more eggs from a certain group(s). The only exception would be the whites, as I don't have as many birds laying in that coop. If you want to confirm if I would be able to fulfill a particular request, feel free to PM me to discuss.

eta a pic of last night's hatch from some of these eggs:

23 out of 23 split lav orp (most of the black chicks pictured)
8 out of 8 white orp
9 out of 10 split lav araucana (2 lav chicks pictured and 7 of the blacks)

121809hatch021.jpg

Last edited:
do you think it is possible at all that youll be having another auction just like this in 3 1/2 weeks? I just loaded my bator tonight and would love love love to get a 24+ batch from you!!!! please pm or let me know...

sonew - if I don't have one listed, feel free to PM me to see who's laying. I'm happy to help keep those bators full.
smile.png

Thanks overeasyplz! If you look at my web site, we are working on a couple lavender breeds and there are pics of grown ones too. I love the color.

btw..I have the Jubilee project eggs due in about 3 days. I think there's about 50 or so of those in the bator too. So will post pics of those when they hatch. I can't wait!

I really love the pictures...my Buff orps from you hatched and they are so cute and healthy. I like the Lav ones too and the whites..I have to wait to get eggs though....when they hatch they will be too little for the house sitter to handle...
he.gif

The birds on your website are HUGE.
I can't wait to see those Jubilee project chicks. Mixes are so cool. Will you be selling them separately?

Just trying to figure out how to get 24 more eggs in the bators........ Lets assume a bunch candle as duds...... and another set should hatch by then............

tofuranch - I'm so happy to hear you got buff chicks from us and they're doing well for you.
jumpy.gif

Phage..lol Yeah, they are pretty big birds. People always ask me what I feed them. lol I just adore massive birds. I can definitely do smaller orders if that is needed. These girls are laying up a storm and my bator is full. Feel free to PM me with what you need.

Quote:
Thank you-I will definately pm you in about 16 days! I ll be able to tell how many eggs in that bator are going to hatch
fl.gif
and how many eggs I want to go in next!!! I swore I was only hatching my own from here on out but you make it very hard to stick to that-besides I have to add fresh genes in my buffs and I need a pretty roo-so believe it or not-I hope I get a roos from each kind- OMG did I say that outloud!!!?????

Hopefully your current hatch goes really well for you. Just let me know when you're ready and I'm happy to help. I probably have an extra of each in roosters here right now if you'd like to take a road trip.
smile.png
But that kind of takes all the fun out of hatching them yourself.

Back
Top Bottom