245 am crowing....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JakRat, Dec 6, 2011.

1. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Why is my little boy crowing at 245... for the past 3 nights.................. how do I curb this behavior?

2. cackleberrycoop

cackleberrycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana
    He is crowing because he feels the urge to crow! Some boys are just nighttime noise makers. The only thing I can think of that might be triggering this in an otherwise quiet rooster is if you have a white light on in the coop during the night. But a light is absolutely NOT necessary to trigger this behavior.

3. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    he is just soooooooooooo loud!I cant figure it out...we thought that maybe it was because a predator was around... but I think he was just being annoying.

4. catsew

catsew Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Ours crows at 10:45 pm and at 3:30 am. Probably more than that too, but we don't hear him too much in the house.

5. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Unfortunately, roos will crow whenever they want to, especially if they hear a rooster in the distance.. They have very good hearing and you may not always hear what they do... I live in the country and it don't matter what time of day or night it is, you will *always* hear crowing from somewhere... My neighbor always teases me and tells me he is going to get my roosters a clock... LOL...

I also have a bunch of cockerals and pullets that think nighttime is playtime... The only light they have comes from the light on the back porch but it don't matter what time it is, you can almost always see them in the run scratching around....

Goddess [​IMG]

6. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    lol I was contemplating bringing him in the house. Our coop is somewhat close to the house... not to close though and we can still hear him. Out little banty we cant hear, but our aussie... geez he is loud. I went and gave him a talking to last night and he just looked at me as if he had done nothing... goofy boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by