25 Days of Christmas 2020.....Traditions, Movies, and More

What day did your Christmas tree go up??

• Before Thanksgiving

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Thanksgiving weekend

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • First week of December

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • With Rum

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I leave it up year round

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don’t put up a tree

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Whenever the funk I get around to it

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Orthodox 12 days of Christmas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other..explained in comments

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Ya know that we have seen a lot of Christmases (this will be our 56th in this house). Way back in the beginning the only restaurant open was a Chinese restaurant. Our family tradition was/is Chinese food on Christmas eve. Our kids and their kids have carried on the tradition. I used to put the tree up and gifts together on Christmas eve after the kids went to bed. Got too old and slow for that. The past several years the Princess and I have gone to a movie on Christmas day - not this year. The kids and grandkids come here the weekend after Christmas - again not this year. :(
mr muddy used to make “roast beast” for christmas dinner (standing crown roast) but DS changed it up a few years ago deciding he wants peking duck.......
christmas eve we usually do finger foods to munch on all day with Christmas punch

mr muddy used to make “roast beast” for christmas dinner (standing crown roast) but DS changed it up a few years ago deciding he wants peking duck.......
christmas eve we usually do finger foods to munch on all day with Christmas punch
Have you made Eggnog with your own fresh eggs? it is sooooo good!!! :drool

We do the opposite. Full fish dinner on Christmas Eve; it's supposed to be a grand production, but usually isn't now that it's down to the 3 of us. Christmas Day is picking at whatever you want, with no real tradition as far as food goes.

Ebay eggs came in the mail. Barnyard mix AC too. (12+ in ad, got 16!) I am waiting for 9 to come from Meyers.
MI2.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom