25 week old hens not laying yet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RhondaRae, Sep 19, 2016.

1. RhondaRae

RhondaRae New Egg

Sep 19, 2016
    I bought 3 black laced golden Wyandotte pullets hatched April 1st. Wondering if the jokes on me (April Fools day) cause they're still not lay'n and Internet says 19-22 weeks. I moved them in with my 3 hen 1 roo flock at 20 weeks. There are 3 nest locations. There's no sign of egg eating. They'be been 100% in coop only for past 8 days while I was on vacation but I let out to free range about hour & half daylight remainig most evenings. Any thoughts?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I typed "when do Wyandottes lay" into the BYC search box and a couple old threads popped up. One person a little over 18 weeks. Another said it was 25 weeks and still waiting. Still another said it was 30 weeks til they saw an egg. Looks like a wide range with this breed! You might try that same search for more responses. Good luck to you!

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Are they showing signs starting to lay? Reddening of the comb, wattles, face and submissive squatting? Is your roo mating with them?

Regardless, it seems like its a game of patience - one of the worst games invented [​IMG]

Good luck
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by