25 weeks, no eggs :(

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by YoniMaven, Sep 2, 2014.

1. YoniMaven

YoniMaven New Egg

Mar 19, 2014
    So, my Barred Rock is now 25 weeks old and I haven't gotten an egg from her. My Speckled Sussex has been laying for 3 weeks now, so I am starting to wonder what's up? Is this normal?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi - and welcome to BYC!

Relax and be patient - going over 25 weeks of age before beginning to lay is not abnormal at all. All that is "up" is that your SS matured faster than your BR. Does your BR currently show signs of being near laying - the reddening of comb/wattles, the submissive squat, etc?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. YoniMaven

YoniMaven New Egg

Mar 19, 2014
    Yes, her waddle is very red, as is her comb and she squats any time I pet her, lol! When should I be concerned?

[​IMG]

(Picture of her and my Brown leghorn eying me in the background)

By the way, thanks for responding!

4. everettchick1

everettchick1 New Egg

Sep 2, 2014
    I have the same problem with my Ameraucana. The rest of our girls have been laying for weeks and she shows no signs. They are all the same age. Impatiently waiting.

5. charliethezero

charliethezero Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    East central MN
    I have 5 wheaten marans at 29 weeks and only one laying. It is frustrating. Your girl looks way ahead of mine, even the one laying.

6. YoniMaven

YoniMaven New Egg

Mar 19, 2014
    WE FINALLY HAVE HENSTRATION!!!! She layed for the first time yesterday, HORRAY!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by