250W red and white infaraed heat lamps

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silkiechicken, Sep 24, 2007.

1. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

So I don't use these as I think they are way over powered for a few chicks. But, I found a nice stash of them that I'd like to get rid of. Maybe someone local here that does lots of chicks would have a use for them. I Guess I could ship them too but I'd be afraid of them getting broken if postal can't even ship nicely wrapped eggs...

They are all 250W "long life" infared heat lamps. I have at least 8 in red and 8 in white for a minimumm of 16 of these toasty things that have never been used. Just for you guys here, I'm asking $5 each or $65 for all 16+. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

Anyone? I guess I can try in the spring. [​IMG]

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

That's a good deal silkie, but I'm with you, that is too much heat for me.

4. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    Thats what I use.. Use what ya got I say.. I just pull the lights back away from the chicks farther than with a regular light.. IF they have enough space they will adjust themselves to the temp they like.. but you HAVE to pull the light back and your brooder HAS to be big enough for them to adjust themselves... I start with it back about 2-3 feet to start depending on the temp outside, and then watch how the chicks act .. if they huddle on top of each other put it closer, if they run to the outer edges pull it back..... I have always use those bulbs and never had any probs with it..

5. silkiechicken

Yeah, I could use them but I rather not. If I need to have a light on 24/7, I'd rather use only what is needed so I don't use electricity unnecessarily. If I was brooding 100 chicks I wouldn't hesitate to use one, or two, but with even 16, started with only a 100W bulb on a dimmer and they do fine. Don't really need that sort of heat!

I'd rather sell them to someone who would be able to put the lights to better use.

6. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    What's your uncle going to say when his light bulb collection goes missing?

7. silkiechicken

HAHAHAH! Nothing because he doesn't even know they exist!!! I've already apprehended them. He has only taken over his room, my brothers previous game room, and the master bed room where my grandpa was before he passed away. Besides, he has no need for these! They're mine!

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] poor uncle...he would never know! It would be my luck if he now takes inventory of his stock [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

Haha, I wish he'd take inventory!! That way he won't blame everyone around him for stuff that was "missing". Like once a knife he made a ruckus about and it turned out he himself threw it in the trash... it was in a pile of his paper towels (he has his own supply) and my mom had almost stabbed herself with it when taking the trash out! Ungrateful Ba***d didn't even apologize for anything!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by