26 Button Eggs in the Hatcher....Update w/ pics PG 10...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by UrbanMama, Dec 27, 2008.

1. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I don't know why, but I'm sooo nervous! Even more nervous than I was with my first hatch of chicken eggs! I didn't candle these guys (I just didn't want to mess with them if I didn't have to...they're just sooo small!) so I'm sure there are some unfertile/scrambled in there...but I'm just praying that at least a few will hatch [​IMG]

So now the waiting begins....if you all get a chance... please send some good hatching vibes to Massachusetts!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    you know i'm sending them vibes to you!..[​IMG]...[​IMG].....baby buttons!...[​IMG]...they are adorable!..good luck kelley!

3. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    sending good vibes..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ill be praying for them!!!!!!![​IMG]

GO CHICKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Candling button eggs is a waste of time in my opinion. Is this your first time hatching buttons? I'm sure you have probably seen pics of them, but you really can not grasp how small they really are until you see them in person! It's amazing something that little can be alive! Great luck on your hatch, button babies are soooooo fun!! [​IMG]

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Wishing you all the bestest with your soon to hatch button eggies (the time flies)! Sure some will be scrambled or fail to hatch but you should get some! No one is as unlucky as me (one chick per batch LOL)!!! Luckily, I have better luck with my coturnix quails I get normally 50% [​IMG]

6. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks guys! Coturnix are on my wishlist...just trying to figure out which of the color mutations I want to play with first! [​IMG]

I have 4 buttons now that were given to me by a wonderful friend..... [​IMG] ......2 were bigger (maybe 4-5 weeks?) and 2 were babies (maybe 1 week??) Anyhow, they are so much fun and I enjoy them so much. My middle daughter has the 2 youngest hand tamed. They climb all over her, sit in her hands...it's so cute!

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:You aren't the only one! My blue faced male was a one chick wonder hatch! My 2nd hatch was much better, almost 50% shipped from Mrs AK!!

8. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Ohhhh good luck!!!! Wishing you a great hatch!!! I've got almost 50 button eggs in there (it's only day 2) so I'll be hatching not long after you! They are SOOOO cute!

9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Good Luck on your hatch Kelley!!!! [​IMG]

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:OMG!! What are you going to do with the babies?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by