27 Meyer Hatchery babies arriving 3/5-3/8! Excited!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chiko, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG] My baby chicks are coming!

I ordered 26, baby chicks from Meyer Hatchery, plus a free one, I'm so excited this is my first time ordering from a hatchery and can't wait!

-I ordered 26 Assorted Rare Egg Layer Females and added the free Meyer Meal Maker Chick. It's a free chick they add and all you have to do is raise it, and donate the eggs it produces :) This will be so fun. They are being shipped March 3rd, and should get here between then and March 8th!

Wish me luck peoples!

I'll post lots and lots of pictures!

P.S, Is there any tips you guys can give me? Should I call the post office a few days before so they no to call me ASAP? Please give me any tips you can, Thanks!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. jt813

jt813 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    i have ordered chicks offline many a times so i have a few pointers but your heading in the right track i would call the post office a week before and say that they are coming i would again call three days before and tell them they need to call you right when they get their. my first time ordering chicks i didnt do these things and my chicks came in early and the post office waited till the next to tell .i had six chicks die because of the cold tile floor they got put on make sure you inform them and im sure you will be satisfied

3. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that! I am going to call the first week of march and then cal again a few days before. The post office is about 5 minutes away from my house by car so I'll be there quickly to pick up my babies! WOOT!

Thanks ^_^

4. jt813

Feb 9, 2012
    your welcome and i hope you love raising chicks just as much as i do good luck if you need anymore help judt message me

5. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    :) I love babies and am anxious to open the box and see what they gave me ^_^. I'll be sure to message you if I have problems and when they get here!

6. jt813

Feb 9, 2012
    awesome i would love to know

7. mong7769

mong7769 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2012
    North Olmsted, Ohio
    We are also getting chicks from Meyer. Fortunately it is within driving distance for us so we are just picking them up! Not until March 19th though :( But I will just have to wait!!

I have had conversations with several people here in the local cleveland area who have had great luck with Meyer. Good luck to you!

8. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Awesome! I am very happy with Meyer's service and if these babies turn out OK, I will most definitely order from them again and again!

Thanks! and good luck to you to!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by