27 weeks and NOTHING!! Where are my eggs!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LittleA, Nov 9, 2014.

1. LittleA

LittleA Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2014
    Western Washington
    HEllo! We have 5 different breeds of chickens that will be 28 weeks old this coming Friday and we have NO EGGS yet!! What is going on??!! They are EE's, black australorps, golden laced wyandottes, welsummers, and speckled Sussex.
    Anyone one else have these breeds?? when did they lay for you?? Is it just too cold now?

2. ashrich6

ashrich6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2014
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Im in the same boat! I have 4 buff orpingtons at 27 weeks. No eggs yet! I feel like I have tried everything to get them to lay...ugh

3. LittleA

Apr 9, 2014
    Western Washington
    I feel like I have tried everything too!! They get good non GMO organic feed, scraps from our organic,3000sq ft garden and free range daily...Get tons of attention, meal worms, and sunflower seeds to boot..... I just don't know what I'm missing..

4. ashrich6

ashrich6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2014
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Same! Mine free range in my backyard and have tons of food all around. Is it getting cold in washington? It is starting to get cold here in SLC and i'm worried they wont lay because of the cold. It is so frustrating! hahaha

5. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland
    You're not missing anything, you just can't speed up Mother Nature. My orpington faverolle cross just started laying this week at 30 weeks old.

6. LittleA

Apr 9, 2014
    Western Washington
    Yes, it is getting colder and colder here in Washington. I am afraid they wont lay until next spring.......[​IMG] That would be SO sad!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by