27 WK BUFF ORPS.....NO EGGS....GUESS WHAT I GOT!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by texaschickmama, Jan 10, 2008.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Okay, I am getting impatient. Are these things ever going to lay? This is not a soup kitchen so they better start earning their keep around here. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    hehehe... Patience grasshopper! [​IMG] It's the Texas weather that has them confused, one day it's spring the next it's winter again.

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Mine were close to 28 weeks when they decide to lay. Just keep threatening them. Thats what I had to do. [​IMG] Now I get to many eggs. [​IMG]

4. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I do use the threatening tactic. I told them they would taste good extra crispy, then I gave them their 3rd treat of the day. I'm just anxious for my first egg. Oh yeah, I got my husband an egg scale for our anniversary, how romantic is that? [​IMG]

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Aww... I was about to ask for one for my birthday. [​IMG]

6. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Are you keeping low level light (15w) or an red infrared, in your coop to compensate for the shorter daylight? [​IMG]

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I'm witholding treats until my girls deliver me some eggs...

It's a standoff in my coop! They will be 23 weeks on Monday and I've got nothing either.

The only thing good about you not getting any eggs is that it makes me feel that I'm not so alone.... [​IMG]

8. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    No, we did not do the artificial light thing. They won't go in their roosting house to sleep, they love to sleep in the nesting house. They were huddling up on the ground if I closed the nest house chicken door, so I felt guilty and let them sleep in the nesting house. Anyway, no we did not do the light thing because we could not get them to sleep where we wanted them.

9. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    My first set of BOs wait till they were 10 months to lay....

10. caddyeldorado2006

caddyeldorado2006 Out Of The Brooder

Quote:my one girl, the golden phoenix is 8 months old tomorrow and she started laying eggs about 5 1/2 months to 6 months im really not quite sure, but there is nothing to worry about she will lay just be patient, its not her fault. lol im still waiting for my bantam to start laying she is 5 months now, and shes alot bigger then the phoenix. feed them some treats to get the ball rolling, it will help and if you feed corn scratch. just a [email protected]@

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by