1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

28 RIR Going into Lockdown today 10/2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CobraFnD, Oct 2, 2011.

1. CobraFnD

CobraFnD Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2010
    Getting ready to go out and put the remaining 28 RIRs in lockdown. Anyone else with me these last few days?

2. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Lockdown is tomorrow for a Wednesday - Thursday hatch... 15 silkie eggs...all colors.

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I just settled the beautiful eggs I got from Glenda [​IMG] - 6 Black Copper Marans and 10 Lavendar Orpingtons - into position for lock down this afternoon/evening [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. CobraFnD

CobraFnD Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2010
    Had 6 pips when I left for work this morning.... A whole lot of talking going on in the bator, but no chicks yet.... Sure hope there are some when I get home!

5. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    I just put 16 into lockdown! 8 bantam cochins, 6 sizzles, and 2 silkieXblue andalusians.

6. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Mine are starting to wiggle [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Mamaboid

Mamaboid Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Muncy Valley, PA
    I have 9 eggs under a RIR hen that should hatch between Thursday and Saturday..[​IMG]. Can i join in too? It might keep me from running out every couple of hours and lifting her up. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by