28 week old golden laced wyandottes not laying yet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blueseal, Oct 16, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    when did yours start laying. they are big beatiful birds. there combs and wattles are good size and getting redder by the day. should be laying any day now. they came from cackle hatchery hatched april 1st.

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    My mid-April SLW (local hatchery) have been laying for awhile now.. perhaps not all of them, but a majority. Are they squatting yet? Any chance of a hidden nest?

3. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Chillin' With My Peeps

My GLWs seem to be late maturing too. The RIRs have been producing like crazy and at least one SLW and a couple of EEs are laying.

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    One of my GLW's started at 24 weeks. Two others the same age - 27 weeks now - have not laid an egg yet but I think # 2 is getting close. The third one does not seem as mature. But it is amazing that they all (same breed, age, environment) are so different.....Once Louise started laying, she has been very productive...., 5 eggs per week for 3 weeks now, two of them large and double yolkers....

5. lbug

lbug Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    Danville, California
    I have one silver laced wyandotte that just turned 28 weeks today and no eggs yet... she is just started to get red. I know the feeling! [​IMG]

6. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    My Golden Laced Wyandotte is 27 wks and not laying yet- she started doing the squat last week- but no eggs so far. Her "sister" the SLW has been laying since 21.5 wks and I have two EE's that are laying-and 2 that aren't- everyone is the same age. I guess they will lay when they're ready [​IMG]

7. wes

wes New Egg

Feb 14, 2009
    Hmmmmm I have Buff Orpingtons from cackle hatchery..they were hatched around april10th and they haven t started laying yet either...........[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by