1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

$299 wood playhouse at Costco

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Felicitas, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Anyone in the market for a very nice playhouse which could be easily made into a coop might want to check their local Costco. At my local one today they had this for just $299:

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/kidkraft-outdoor-cottage-clubhouse

Unfortunately this particular playhouse isn't available for order on the Costco website, so you'll have to check the store.

I wish there were photos of the inside of the playhouse. It features a play double-sink which would make great nest boxes. The construction is very solid. If I wanted a nice-looking coop for 4 - 5 hens in an urban or suburban backyard, I would totally snap this up. It would need comparatively little modification to make it suitable.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. greengardengirl

greengardengirl Out Of The Brooder

So cute! I want one!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    heehe, and it has a wittle mail box! you can send the girls letters and tell them they better get laying!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by