1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2month old turkey poult finding hard to walk

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tabish830, Apr 28, 2016.

1. tabish830

tabish830 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    my 2 month old turkey poult is having hard time while walking from 2 days .first thought ut might me some sort of injury because i have a batch of 17 chicks and 3 poults . but when she start walking she had a diffuclty can walk properly if she walks she would walk in a tilted manner her body is not straight .. so i seperated her . today i when i went to gave her boiled egg she was eating all right but sits down . if stand up her legs were seperating going away from each other like wing of a plan . can someone tell me what is it? or i have to make a video upload it on youtube than post a link here

2. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Hello there @tabish830 ...
    First let me say that I don't know about turkeys, but I think they're swell! I'm visiting from the Peafowl Department.

From what I do know about peafowl, this sounds like it may be splayed legs. If you do a search you will find a lot of info about this. You will likely need to make a simple brace so your baby's legs learn how they should be going.
    This may help: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/41693/spraddle-leg-splay-leg-treatment-instructions

3. tabish830

tabish830 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    spraddle legs for newly hatched chicks? my one is 2 motnh old

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by