2nd Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock May 4, 2013

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by thebirdguy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
    I'm happy to announce the 2nd Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock will be held on Saturday May 4th 2013 in Idaho Falls Idaho. Our inaugural event last year was a huge success with over 300 in attendance. We gave away more than 200 chicks to 4H kids, had classes on poultry showing and keeping, and had a great time meeting fellow BYCers face to face and making more chicken friends..

The website is www.rockymountainchickenstock.com and I will also update information on this first post and in this thread. We are planning to add a show and a breeders row to the event this year. Come and show off your favorite chook (maybe even win something) or buy some new birds from one of our great breeders to raise for next year!!

Plan now to attend and visit beautiful Eastern Idaho this Spring!!

2. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    I'm planning on attending this year! I hope to bring a selection of chicks and possibly some started pullets as well.

3. MeAndTheBoyz

MeAndTheBoyz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2012
    Caldwell, Idaho
    chickenstock sounds great! would be a fun intro to this new adventure we are on [​IMG]

4. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    I'm looking forward to this! I didn't get to come last year, so this will be a treat.

5. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Hooray for Rocky Mountain Chicken Stock!

Shawn, do you think if we are on BYC we could wear us a little BYC "hello" tag with our BYC name on it? Last year I could not figure out who everybody was! Some sort of ID would be fun so we can spot each other, just an idea! Or maybe a BYC table to hang out at and find each other?

Can't wait!

1 person likes this.
  6. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
    I think we'll have some name tags for sure!!!

7. IdaArchae

IdaArchae Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2012
    SE Idaho
    Yay! I am attending, my first official chicken function. Husband is already trying to tell me we don't need any more hens. What the heck does need have to do with anything? Lol!

1 person likes this.
  8. Daloorashens

Daloorashens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    YAY!!!!! VERY excited!!! We ALWAYS have room for more chickens, lol!!

9. Kalalyn21

Kalalyn21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2012
    Freedom, ID
    Hoping to try and attend this year

1 person likes this.
  10. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Oooo, I missed the show last year, and I really really wanted to go! I'll cross my fingers and toes that I can make it this year. Maybe I can even take a stab at showing birds too, with my fancy Faverolle girls.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by