2nd Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock May 4, 2013

Yay!!!!

At this point I will have:
started Easter egger chicks (1-2 months old)
maybe a German New Hampshire cockerel
3-10 day old olive egger, bantam easter egger and sex link Marans cross chicks, maybe some Marans chicks
whatever I am able to hatch from my shipped eggs, as well as whatever chicks I have received by that time.... at this point I have not had good hatches from shipped eggs, but very good hatches from my own eggs, and am waiting to hear from breeders on when the chicks will be shipped...

EE/OE, maybe Blue/black copper Marans and Ameracauna hatching eggs

Last edited:
I will be bringin at least 2 adults to sell
a Black sex link 18 months old
Ameracauna 18 months old "will be showing her also then selling her"
2 Cochins 5 weeks old now.. but they are possible roosters
and one other not sure exactly what it is and is a hen for sure and its 5 weeks old right now

Will post if i do bring more of my babies will decide soon

Last edited:
I'm going to bring an assortment of started pullets unless I need them to fill current waiting list orders. I'm still growing out birds so I don't have an exact idea of how many I have. If I can't bring pullets, I'll bring an assortment of chicks and maybe some midget white turkey poults instead.

HOWDY to everyone, including the Lurkers (such as myself).
frow.gif

Just wanted to announce that I will be making the trip to Chickenstock with mys sis (Mo5C) and my youngest son. I have spots available for carpooling. Here is a breakdown of costs and my traveling plan if anyone is interested in joining us for the trip! (will also post in the Idaho thread)

Sorry, but I will NOT be able to transport birds at this time.. willing to discuss any details in a PM.

BackyardChknLvr - Thanks for talking with my sis about carpooling - you are welcome to hook up with us if you would like
hugs.gif

Friday, May 3rd : Depart Nampa/Caldwell in the evening as soon as I can get away from work. Worst case would be around 6pm, hoping for 5 or earlier. traveling through Boise, can pick up people on the way...
Friday, May 3rd: Arrive in Idaho Falls around 10pm ish (4 hour drive + rest stops)

Sat, May 4th: 10:45 am ish - Attend a day filled with CHICKENS and fun!!!
celebrate.gif

Sat, May 4th: Evening drive home.

Cost per person with 1 additional adult: Traveling expenses $40, Hotel option A = approx $65, arranging own hotel room @ Candlewood. Hotel option B = (all sharing 1 room, 3 beds) approx $40 plus free breakfast @ Hilton.
Cost per person with 2 additional adults: Traveling expenses $50, Hotel option A = $35ish (no breakfast - 2 rooms at Candlewood)
Cost per person with 3 additional adults: Traveling expenses $40, Hotel option A = $23 ish (all 3 additional sharing 1 room with 2 beds at Candlewood) Hotel option B = approx $40 (Hilton express, 1 room 3 beds)

Everyone is responsible for their own meal expenses. I plan on doing a mix of brown-bagging and eating out/vendors.
The number of additional carpoolers will determine which vehicle I will take. (Subaru wagon vs. Suburban)

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!!

yippiechickie.gif

Yay!!! Lots of fun stuff!!

Because of a recent shipment of chicks I received, I will have LOTS of extra EE chicks, lol... they were used as "peanut packing" in the shipping box to keep the chicks I wanted warm, lol...

I have hatching on the 18th--Cuckoo marans, Barnevelders, Blue and Black Marans, Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas, Partridge Pendescencas, EE/Leghorn mixes, Olive Eggers from an Isbar rooster over FBCM hens, and a few other things that I have lost track of in my tired brain. I will bring whatever hatches and has not sold with me to chickenstock :) They will be about 2 weeks old by then...hopefully they will travel well.

I have hatching on the 18th--Cuckoo marans, Barnevelders, Blue and Black Marans, Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas, Partridge Pendescencas, EE/Leghorn mixes, Olive Eggers from an Isbar rooster over FBCM hens, and a few other things that I have lost track of in my tired brain. I will bring whatever hatches and has not sold with me to chickenstock
smile.png
They will be about 2 weeks old by then...hopefully they will travel well.
If you end up with a splash ameraucana cockeral I might be interested in a trade of some sort. Maybe for an olive egger pullet? Oh, and yes, I still have you on my list for chicks. I'm just waiting for my blue wheaten ameraucana to start mating his hens again. I had to take out his marans girls. He took to favoring them and was ignoring his ameraucana girls. Soo.....I have had nadda in the wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana department. Grrrrrrrr. I will have the btb for you, though.

Last edited:
Ok as MeAndTheBoyz has posted she will have space to take people up from the boise area to Idaho fall's as i will be the chicken carrier as she wont be traveling with them, and if you are looking to car pool along with MeAndTheBoyz and Mo5c You can contact me threw message if you would like me to pick up chickens and take them up with me.. i will be looking to leaving boise in late morning early afternoon.

I will also be postin in Idaho thread as well to let others know

If you end up with a splash ameraucana cockeral I might be interested in a trade of some sort. Maybe for an olive egger pullet? Oh, and yes, I still have you on my list for chicks. I'm just waiting for my blue wheaten ameraucana to start mating his hens again. I had to take out his marans girls. He took to favoring them and was ignoring his ameraucana girls. Soo.....I have had nadda in the wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana department. Grrrrrrrr. I will have the btb for you, though.
Sounds good :) I look forward to the BTB for sure, and would still like one more OE, and the blue wheatens if you get them for sure. I just sold quite a few of my older hens to make room for the newbies. Will let you know if I get a splash male from this hatch. :) Should I just get the BTB at chickenstock or do you need me to come over to your place sooner? I can do whatever works best for you.

Back
Top Bottom