2nd attempt at incubating eggs just gone in 15/dec/12

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by loupan, Dec 14, 2011.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Right then true to my word im going it again last time was dreadfull [​IMG] 6 Polish eggs have been settling in my kitchen for 24 hrs and now the time has come to put them in the incubator i have done everything by the book this time so [​IMG] i will have a more successfull hatch ,temp is 101 humidity is 35% and i havent even had to add hardly any water at all , going for the dry incubating also keeping eggs in the egg carton due to being shipped ,only going to handle them to be candled even got a make do turner lol so everyone keep ya fingers and toes crossed [​IMG] and im praying this time we will get something [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    just one question though will i count sat as day 1 its thursday 5.00pm now and the eggs just gone in ? many thanks

3. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    If thats right they day 20 should be 4th jan my birthday [​IMG] [​IMG] how cool would that be

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    The day you set the eggs is day 0. With temp of 101, I'm assuming you're using a still air, if not, that's too warm. I LOVE dry incubating and I add not a drop of water until lockdown. Annie-Belle and I send vibes of chicken happiness your way. This is her trying on her new diaper. She fell asleep.
    [​IMG]

5. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    oh my god that is toooooo cute love it [​IMG] yes i am still air its sitting around 100 now i have added eggs im just looking for a good hygrometre on the net to but i have one but i want a real good one for lockdown does it matter to much about humidity the first few days ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by