2nd batch of 09....Day 21 babies babies and more babies.....PIC Heavy!

pamperedpoultry

CHICKENFIED
10 Years
Jan 28, 2009
(south West) Virginia
Well here goes my second batch of the year.
16 silver laced wyandottes
6 bantam brown leghorns
6 Brown/ Red OEGB
2 Self Blues
1 spangle

Now the bad part is I should be getting 6+ bantam mix's and 6 standard white cochin eggs tomorrow. That I will have to put in with the others.. I know not a good Idea but I didnt want to wait any longer on the others. I hope to keep my other bator free so I can move the ones I have to put in tomorrow to it when I have to increase the humidity for the others. I'm fighting with the temp tryin to get it regulated. I've had it going since yesterday and it was doing good until I put the eggs in.... so wish me luck!!

Last edited:
Sending you luck and good hatching vibes!
fl.gif

I just placed some eggs today also. They are mutts but they will be cute, they are buff Orp/ welsummer and buff Orp/ RIR. I am so excited.
wee.gif
tongue2.gif
Hope you have a GREAT hatching, here are some hatching vibes coming your way
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I set 20 eggs tonight...(button quail) So hopefully I'll have some hatching the first week in March. Good luck to you.

Dan

Quote:
If the eggs are only one day apart, you shouldn't have to have seperate hatches. And after you set the eggs, it will take a few hours for the temp to get back to normal. A good rule of thumb is to set the eggs, then walk away for at least 6 hours.
smile.png
I know it's hard, but nobody keeps their house at 100 degrees, so the bator has to take a while to warm the eggs up.

Last edited:
Quote:
If the eggs are only one day apart, you shouldn't have to have seperate hatches. And after you set the eggs, it will take a few hours for the temp to get back to normal. A good rule of thumb is to set the eggs, then walk away for at least 6 hours.
smile.png
I know it's hard, but nobody keeps their house at 100 degrees, so the bator has to take a while to warm the eggs up.

I'm def goin to walk away when I set these tonight.. I drove myself crazy... I was hoping I didnt have to seperate I was thinkin 1 day shouldnt hurt. Think I'll just leave them and find something to stick in my other bator then.

Back
Top Bottom