2nd batch of 09....Day 21 babies babies and more babies.....PIC Heavy!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pamperedpoultry, Feb 17, 2009.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Well here goes my second batch of the year.
    16 silver laced wyandottes
    6 bantam brown leghorns
    6 Brown/ Red OEGB
    2 Self Blues
    1 spangle

Now the bad part is I should be getting 6+ bantam mix's and 6 standard white cochin eggs tomorrow. That I will have to put in with the others.. I know not a good Idea but I didnt want to wait any longer on the others. I hope to keep my other bator free so I can move the ones I have to put in tomorrow to it when I have to increase the humidity for the others. I'm fighting with the temp tryin to get it regulated. I've had it going since yesterday and it was doing good until I put the eggs in.... so wish me luck!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Sending you luck and good hatching vibes! [​IMG]

3. Snakeoil

Snakeoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    SE Iowa
    I am bating my second batch also, first 10 out of 14, set 16 this time, good luck to you.

4. pamperedpoultry

Quote:Thanks hope you have good luck to!!!

5. pamperedpoultry

Quote:I'll take all I can get thanks!!

6. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I just placed some eggs today also. They are mutts but they will be cute, they are buff Orp/ welsummer and buff Orp/ RIR. I am so excited. [​IMG] [​IMG] Hope you have a GREAT hatching, here are some hatching vibes coming your way [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    I set 20 eggs tonight...(button quail) So hopefully I'll have some hatching the first week in March. Good luck to you.

Dan

8. pamperedpoultry

[​IMG] Thanks!!! good VIBES sent back at ya!!! [​IMG] Ya'll keep me posted on your batches...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:If the eggs are only one day apart, you shouldn't have to have seperate hatches. And after you set the eggs, it will take a few hours for the temp to get back to normal. A good rule of thumb is to set the eggs, then walk away for at least 6 hours. [​IMG] I know it's hard, but nobody keeps their house at 100 degrees, so the bator has to take a while to warm the eggs up.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  10. pamperedpoultry

Quote:If the eggs are only one day apart, you shouldn't have to have seperate hatches. And after you set the eggs, it will take a few hours for the temp to get back to normal. A good rule of thumb is to set the eggs, then walk away for at least 6 hours. [​IMG] I know it's hard, but nobody keeps their house at 100 degrees, so the bator has to take a while to warm the eggs up.

I'm def goin to walk away when I set these tonight.. I drove myself crazy... I was hoping I didnt have to seperate I was thinkin 1 day shouldnt hurt. Think I'll just leave them and find something to stick in my other bator then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by