2nd broody w/new babies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kelliepulido, Dec 1, 2008.

1. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    Hatched today 3 new chicks! And we have about 6in of snow to boot.Little bitty cochin banties soo cute.

2. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Congrats!

I just love the broodies and babies!

3. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Congratulations on your new babies! [​IMG] Hope you'll be able to post pics soon - hint hint. [​IMG]

4. BeakSanctuary

BeakSanctuary Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Congrats, snow, tininess, and all!

5. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I wish one of my hens would go broody, then I could unplug my darn incubator [​IMG]

6. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I t is amazing how much they change in 1 wk.the other broody and her 3 babies trapsy all over the coop.Tonight when I went down the coop at 1;30am everybody was up partying waiting for treats.One of the babies flew up on top of Mama and sat there for awhile until she slid off.I think it was her way of telling mom she was too tired and needed to take a nap hence Mom needed to settle down to let all the chicks get up underneath her.I got the other babies out from under the 2nd broody and dipped everybodies beaks in the water.They soon got the idea but seemed to want to get in the water dish to drink then they had a snack and they too scooted under mom.Thye are soo cute each has a little white patch under their beaks and down on to their chests.

7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awww, they sound so cute !!! CONGRATS [​IMG]

8. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    oh congrats!!!

you have pictures of them bopping around in the snow yet?

9. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    Oh no I won't let them out in the snow they are in the coop in the barn the big ones don't want to go out in it either

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by