2nd Easter Egger laid its first egg today and it was....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mags2009, Jan 6, 2010.

1. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    BROWN!!!! I know, I know, you never know what color you are going to get, but I was disappointed that it was brown. Our first to lay was green, and we have one more that hasn't laid yet. PLEASE LET IT BE GREEN OR BLUE!!!!!!!

2. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    I have three ee's. With my luck, none of them will lay the cool green/blue color I was hoping for. [​IMG] Oh well, they're still cute and I'd be happy to get any eggs out of them! [​IMG]

3. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Here's hoping for green or blue eggs for you!

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Bummer! Here's hoping for green or blue on the last EE. [​IMG]

5. clucktastic

clucktastic Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2009
    Pullman, Mi
    I have 3 EE hens, and all of them lay a very faint light brown, (which we like to call pink in order to save face:p) I wouldn't worry too much... they are probably the cutest hens you can have without going to silkies or cochins or something, and they are really neat birds, so... meh. Heres to the next blue/green/pink/purple polka dotted egg... whatever it is, I'm sure you'll love them anyhow.[​IMG]

6. chickenshagg

chickenshagg THE ALPHA ROO

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Charles, MO
    I have three EE and I am waiting for them to start laying. Like most everyone else who buys EE I am hoping for either blue or green eggs. I knew going into this that I could end up with brown eggs but I hope I have at least one blue/green layer.[​IMG]

7. cook_kaka_ook

cook_kaka_ook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2009
    Congratulations mags2009. I have 3 EE pullets. They are now 21weeks old. I am hoping to get green eggs as well. How old are yours?

8. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Ah that does suck! Thankfully both mine lay a very pretty blue egg, fingers crossed they pass that gene on to their babies!!

Are you going to keep the hen?

9. My Little Sister's Farm

My Little Sister's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    Sorry for the non green/blue egg. I stopped buying EE's and started breeding my own, only hatching out the prettiest eggs so that hopefully I'll breed out the "will they won't they lay a brown or "pink" egg." I couldn't stand it!!! Good luck getting some blue eggs, nothing beats 'um [​IMG]

10. ChookHappy

ChookHappy Dances with Chickens

Oct 12, 2009
    Petaluma, Ca
    Ugh... I hear ya... I have one of my two Ameraucana that looks like she will be laying her first egg tomorrow and I've got my fingers crossed. I wish you the best of luck on your third. At least the eggs all still eat the same, wonderfully. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by