2nd hatch! Help needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 14, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    So this will be my 2nd hatch of duck eggs. The last one went bad, none of them even hatched! But they were off ebay, im NEVER ordering eggs off ebay again. These ones with be from my own ducks, what im wondering is, will these have a better hatch rate since them are home grown eggs? Thanks!

2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Its probable but dont give up on shipped eggs either. Alot of reputable breeders sell on ebay and other places. Best thing to do is know who you are buying from. Home eggs generally fair better than shipped though [​IMG]

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Well, im not getting any more off ebay. I dont mind getting eggs from BYCers, but nobody else. Im actually getting some rare ancona eggs from a BYCer.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    when you buy eggs and have them shipped its always a gamble no matter who you get them from. the post office isnt that nice to eggs. they get tossed around,thrown, and x-rayed. you probley got good fertile eggs but with the handling from the post office and the ups and downs with temp while being shipped to you probely was the problem. my family has gotten eggs from ebay and have had good to poor hatches. i recently put in a fbcm on the 11th at night and have one more that i'm gonna put in when my d'uccle eggs get here tomorrow. this is my first time incubating and i got my eggs from someone on here who has quite a few people posting up pics of their chicks/chickens that they got from her eggs.

when its your own eggs they dont go through everything that the shipped eggs have to go through thus you should get a better hatch rate with them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by