2nd New coop and run pics

antiquebuff

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Franklin, NC
We are lining up coops to separate the breed of birds we have. We started with a play house that was given to us and the second was an old packing crate that we added legs and built up with room for a dry sand bath underneath. Our Silkies love this. It is small and I call it the teenage house. It has a large run. The run from the first house backs up to the run of the second house, thus saving a little wire. The others will follow up the same only be a little larger but off the ground. Nesting boxes to the outside will be added as needed. On both houses there is a side door and ladder for them to go in and out. We have a pulley door rigged up so we can open them up in the am and close them at night without going into the coop. May add auto doors later.
frontviewchickenhouses.jpg

We used 90 year old windows in the sides of the silkie house that open for lots of ventilation. We only use hardware cloth due to lots of predators in our area. I am decorating the first house with tags from each of our states and the 2nd in old feed and egg signs (slow process) due to cost of both.
silkiehouse1.jpg

The next houses will just set back like these and will house our Sultans, Top Hats, Buff Japanese
and Frizzles. The first house has cochins. We just have 5 to go..........
tagcoop1-1.jpg

In the beginning......
silkiehousebeginning-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have found some at antique auctions and of course ebay!
You can get reproductions so I am mixing a few in.....
Good luck , I would love to see a photo when you get yours!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom