2nd year in a row, my TPS project failed

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
so I have agreed to be the south-eastern grower for the True Potato seed project.

I have tried 25 different varieties total, and have been unsuccessful.

While this information is valuable to the project, it is frustrating for someone like me who wants true potato seed for our area to help prevent virus build up in the soil

at least i have a bunch of tasty potatoes though!

I think this will be my last year doing it. it is eating up a lot of garden space, and my Jerusalem artichokes provide all the starchy root crop i need with less hassle

Last edited:
About 10 years ago, I was the volenteer to try out several "drought resistant heirloom" tomatoes. Many of them didn't pull through, but the hand ful that did, did well. is there any place you could donate to 1-2 varaties so you could work it at a more feasable scale?

Quote:
i don't know. even using a bed is a strain on me since i save seed from most of my plants and could use the bed for extra genetic material in the plants i do have success for, plus it would free up time and space for new experiments.

the early heat and humidity just spells so much trouble.

Could some one donate
idunno.gif
land for this project? We have land and it just needs to be used in a usefull way.
idunno.gif
`

Last edited:
What proublems are the True Potato seeds having?
I have True Potato seeds stored is it a waste of time to store the seeds?

Quote:
no because of the early heat and humidity, the plants experience flower drop before they can produce seed.

I have excellent soil, good nutrients my own carefully tailored blend of organic fertilizers and compost. Some I mulch some i don't to ensure a good even testing field.

Back
Top Bottom