2wk Old D'uccle Still Not Feeling So Hot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Noodlez, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Noodlez

Noodlez Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Orient, Ohio
    I picked up 2 bantams chicks, 2 standard pullets, and 2 ducklings from Tractor Supply on 3/18/15. There was a lazy chick that wasn't running around the tub of "assorted bantams" they had set up--I took my boss there to look at the chickies and she pointed him out and begged me to buy him to see if I could save him. I had asked the associate to catch another silkie for me, but he grabbed this little gray/yellow squirt instead. I had another thread to help identify the breed of this particular chick and I guess it's a Porcelain D'Uccle.

Regardless, in the 2 weeks he's been with me, we just got over pasty-butt and his chill but his slow, slow growth compared to how quickly the other ones are doubling in size and weight-- that's what's concerning me, and his lethargy. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to bantams.

Summary: Rooster booster, 35% medicated chick starter mix (as to not overdose the ducks), Save-a-Chick electrolytes (and probiotics). The rest of the babies are thriving but this little one runs out of energy within 5 minutes of exploring. Lays right down in your hand when you pick it up--sometimes falls asleep in your hand.

3/18
    [​IMG]
    3/28 [​IMG] Any ideas about sleepy, tiny D'uccles or is this super normal for bantams?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by