3, 4, 6? What the heck? They are multiplying!***UPDATE***

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by missred871, May 29, 2010.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    So I candled the last of the eggs that the hens were hatching, and stupid me decided not to mark them, so Rizzo the only hen we have that ISNT sitting decides she is going to lay in their nest.....went in the next day there were 4......didnt want to bother the girls for a couple days but Rizzos nest was empty I thought she wasnt laying, since it has been hot and nasty. Well, looked under the girls today to check for biddies, now there are 6! UGH! I swear, I am headed out now to see if the pipped egg I found earlier has hatched out yet and candle the remaining eggs and take out the ones that she just laid today and yesterday....taking a pencil with me too!

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  2. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Went out to check the nest and candle, found out one of the 3 eggs that were almost ready didnt make it. [​IMG] Apparently one too many OOPSYS on the hens side getting back in the wrong nest. The pipped egg, well, had to perform another rescue mission. I will post pics after he is completely out of the shell he is still absorbing everything. Seems quite healthy and will most likely make it, knock on wood. Ended up with one egg that I could remove from the nest as one has begun it's blood vessel building and the one she laid yesterday, is bullseyed so if the girls decide to stay broody long enough to hatch them then they may make it. Contemplating on an incubator, we have really been wanting one, just dont have the funds, know we could try to make one but I just dont trust us trying to make one. Well, I will update again later once I find out what is up with the little guy. Once hes dry I will take some more photos and post em.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by