3-4 Month Old Easter Egger Cockerel or Pullet?

Lauren1824

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 24, 2013
They breeder told me this was a pullet when I bought it a few days ago. After getting home, I seriously have my doubts. It is also supposedly 3-4 months old, and an Easter Egger. Any thoughts?

I think it may be a boy. The color isn't exactly screaming either gender. I've had females with similar pattern. What's getting me it the comb color is very pink for its age. EEs tend to develop slowly and lay about 6 months of age (from my personal experience). The legs are really thick and I'm fairly positive I can see saddle feathers coming in. I'm about 80% sure it's a boy.

I think it may be a boy. The color isn't exactly screaming either gender. I've had females with similar pattern. What's getting me it the comb color is very pink for its age. EEs tend to develop slowly and lay about 6 months of age (from my personal experience). The legs are really thick and I'm fairly positive I can see saddle feathers coming in. I'm about 80% sure it's a boy.

Seconded. I see some shiny feathers in the tail. My hens don't have that.

Hmmmm....I may be seeing boy too. I agree that comb is pink and larger at 3 to 4 months, and that is fairly patchy coloring with darker reddening color on wing bows...although it could even out as the color could be a girl. I've had several female EE and EE mixes go through a lot of color changes and worry me with darker colors on the wing bows and then even out again.

I would wait it for further developments before calling it, but but I agree you have the right to have suspicions.j

Lady of McCamley

Back
Top Bottom