3+5 big changes.... ( pic heavy )

new chick mummy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 15, 2012
North Yorkshire, England
Well here are our 5 chick's again.
Nearly 4weeks old now and there have been some big changes.
Our little EE seems to be tiny compared to the reds and our unknown white has discovered the art of flying and perching on top of the brooder. :)
Are they OK to eat any veg yet and if so what's best to try them on first?

Red 1
Ee

Mystery white

I love her mowhark :)

Our black one is a bit bossy at the minute

Red 2

Thank you all in advance for your input and most of all patience and guidance.

My chicks are 4 weeks old. They been eating strawberries (ones that fell off and ones birds pecked) and cabbage leaves that I tear into small pieces for a week now. Yesterday, they had a small tv dinner: corn, smashed potatoes, and chicken fried steak. It was cooked, left out, and no one ate it. I cut the meat into very small pieces and put it in with chicks instead of throwing it away. The container it was in was spotless when they were done with it.

I would say feed them what ever scrap vegetables you have available.

Thank you for your reply.
They are 4 weeks tomorrow and they've tried cabbage leaves themselves and their normal chick crumb.
Will introduce another new food in a few days and see how they go from there.
Have you any idea on gender or breed for my chick's by any chance? :)

If your chicks are not outside to get their own grit you should supply some for them. Once they eat table scraps and such they need grit to aid in digesting it.

Thank you all so much for your input . Ooh its all so exciting. They're so much fun. And once we are over our snow and it starts to warm up a bit, they will have their first adventure outdoors.
Keep an eye opener for more pictures as I'm always snapping away at them hehe :D

Oh I hope they aren't all rooms as they will have to go back to the farm nd be exchanged.
That will be a real shame too seeing as we watched them hatch and have raised them ourselves.:(
Time will tell, but when the farmer collected the incubator etc he said the EE was definitely a pullet but couldn't be sure on the others.:/
They are 4+1 now, when will we be able to tell for sure on their gender?
Thanks Edie

Back
Top Bottom