3.5 Weeks & Agressive - Roo? *PIC*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mommto3kiddos, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    This guy (or girl) has become very "bossy".. He charges me when I open the brooder & is the only of my chicks to peck me for no reason...
    - Is he my roo [​IMG] (they will be 4 weeks Wed)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My Two Suspected Hens... (to compare)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Hmm. I'm just taking a wild guess here, not much of a chicken expert by any means.

It seems a little young, and the comb doesn't seem much bigger/redder than the others. Also, judging by the body shot, the chick appears to the feathering alright. Usually the roos feather slower than the females. Are these chicks White Leghorns? Those are fast developers, known for large combs, and being flighty.

I think you may just have a bossy pullet, but don't quote me on that.

3. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    looks like a roo to me [​IMG]

4. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Quote:Im *fingers crossed* its a bossy Pullet [​IMG]

They are TSC "assorted Pullet Specials"..lol They are all feathered the same amount and SOFT [​IMG]

5. catchthewind

catchthewind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Vancouver Island
    My chick that was like that turned into a roo. Always running in front of the others for the door and going for the treats first. It was kind of endearing when he was little, now he's a little turd. [​IMG] We've had to use some of the training things I've learned here to try and tame him more and he's getting nicer again. Anyway, it does look like in your picture he has little wattles already but I'm no expert by any means and know nothing about the various breeds and which develop earlier than others.

6. cbrown86

cbrown86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Missouri
    I thought the pics were all of one chick. [​IMG]

7. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I don't think she is a rooster. [​IMG] She is a leghorn, right? They are a little more aggressive. Mine is a little over 5 weeks. She keeps the others in line [​IMG] but is really quite friendly to us. She does come and greet us and will sit on us when we visit the coop. She hasn't ever pecked us. I really like her. [​IMG] I don't think your chick's comb looks too big and it doesn't appear to be red at all. Keep watching, but I wouldn't be labeling her a roo just yet. Even though AccentOnHakes asked not be be quoted, [​IMG] i am going to anyway. I think you have a bossy pullet! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by