3.5 Weeks Old

Merro

Songster
8 Years
Oct 21, 2012
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/950900/little-mixes-3-day-olds-update-1-5-weeks#post_14768087

Continuing from there. All are RIR mixes except the last one.

If anyone wants to guess genders feel free~

1st: Unknown. Doesn't chest-bump with the three known roos. Not nearly the comb growth.

2nd: Roo! Adorable. Super sweet. Looking for a home in the STL region. :p

3rd: Suspected Pullet.

4th: Roo. D: Knew this from day 3. lol Also looking for a home. Funny peacomb and feathered legs!

5th: Unknown. Welcome to guesses. Asking about the spot on its neck in another forum. :S

6th: Suspected Pullet. Very shy & timid.

7th: Suspected Pullet. Pretty docile. :)

8th: Roo. Had the BIGGEST comb from hatch. Also looking for a home.

9th: Not a RIR, this is an EExSilkie.
HOPING IT'S NOT A ROO. But my luck. lol Behavior is mixed. It's usually 'back of the pack.'

2, 4, and 8 are your roo's as you suspect.

With mixed breeds, comb growth is the best indicator.

The rest are pullets, except watch 5 and 9. The red patches *might* indicate roo on 5, with the blotchy pattern, but that comb says female and mixed breeds follow their own patterns. On no. 9, Silkies and Silkie mixes are notoriously hard to sex, so I'd wait before calling that female for certain.

My thoughts.
Lady of McCamley

The rest are pullets, except watch 5 and 9. The red patches *might* indicate roo on 5, with the blotchy pattern, but that comb says female and mixed breeds follow their own patterns. On no. 9, Silkies and Silkie mixes are notoriously hard to sex, so I'd wait before calling that female for certain.

My thoughts.
Lady of McCamley
I agree.

My thoughts.
Lady of McCamley
Agreed.

Thanks guys. Spot on for #5. I am so worried about those little red bits. That was the latest to hatch and has been way smaller from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom