3 bantams but no clue what type? anyone? pics included

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by StormyMoon, May 13, 2010.

1. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Chick 1.
    [​IMG]
    Chick 2
    [​IMG]
    Chick 3.
    [​IMG]
    Chick 2 and 3
    [​IMG]

They were messy when I got them I hope they will soon clean up or i could wipe them clean.
    11 - 12 days old

Bantam all 3 have feathered feet.....are these silkies or something else ?

Thanks for any help

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Silkies will have 5 toes. They could be cochins or brahams. I have gotten both in bantams. Right now I have 3 white silkies and 3 feather legged in my brooder. Best wishes. They are cute.[​IMG]

3. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    they only have 4 toes

4. La_TomboyGirl

La_TomboyGirl Songster

Jun 24, 2008
    NW Louisiana
    I think #1 is a Cochin. Does the brown one have dark feet? Looks like it, but pics are kinda hard to see the feet in. If they are dark, like a greenish color, then a EE/Ameraucana (whatever-lol)...Not sure on #3. Maybe more pics in a few days? [​IMG]

5. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:The darker chick has feet color like the yellow/cream colored chicks it looks skin color to me......but the feathers kind of remind me of wings the way they go back on the feet on the darker one, is a EE a bantam , I know the owner told me they was bantam but not sure what an EE is or if its in same category?

6. La_TomboyGirl

La_TomboyGirl Songster

Jun 24, 2008
    NW Louisiana
    oops! I forgot that you said they all were featherlegged, so not an EE (easter egger-lays green/blue eggs some call them Ameraucana-big debate whether full blooded or not-save for later! LOL) I will have to think some more about it. [​IMG]

7. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I posted these pictures on the what breed and gender thread.............

Some say Cochin for the last 2 and first one I think they said millie or something like that but still not sure Im hoping cochins cause they are so cute.

here I will post the pictures

Chick 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 2
    [​IMG]

Chick 3
    [​IMG]

Feathers on Chick 1 have gone down and nice and pretty. When I got them they was all covered in something hard all over it was gross
    but they have cleaned them selves up really nice now I will get more pictures tomorrow ........

8. Toi-toi

Toi-toi Songster

May 12, 2010
    Central MA
    I don't know what they are but they are very cute!!!!

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    They are cute!
    I don't think they look 'cheeky' enough to be d'Uccles, or poufy enough to be cochins. I'm no expert, though.

Any chance they are not purebred?

10. schellie69

schellie69 Songster

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    they are cute I am going to say Cochin but I am a newbie but my rooster is 1/2 blue/lemon Cochin and 1/2 Plymouth rock white bantam and he has the feather's on his feet. just my guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by