3 bantams but no clue what type? anyone? pics included

In a few days I will take more pictures, they had something all over their feathers and it made them look weird. I didn't want to get them wet cause I worry about them getting a chill. So I am hoping they will lose the messy baby feathers . The place where I got them from ugh was so nasty and to me they had to many babies in 1 cage they didnt have room to walk around and the bottom was so nasty. I had to cut feathers away from the redish/brown chicks bottom cause it was so hard and closed up. But he/she is doing good now.

I guess everyone does things different, for me I don't like seeing birds sitting in their own pew. We also got 2 ducks there that were covered in black stuff which I think was pew but they were easy to clean up with a little warm water. These chicks are just too tiny only days old and probably underfed. I will fatten them up tho and make them a happy home.

Quote:
I was just told they are Bantams, as far as what kind of bantam I am not sure and could be a mix of any kind of Bantam.
I think its the fact that where the down feathers should be fluffy they are not because they are covered in pew from being in such a small cage with so many baby chicks all the chicks had feathered legs and all were these same colors. When I asked if they was cochin the guy shrugged , said he had ordered them from a hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom