3 Blue/Black/Splash Orpington Eggs - 100% hatch :D Photos

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MissPrissy, Jun 15, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    When Bonnie started laying I was very curious about Mosby's fertility. Some of these big boy orps take a little longer to show proof of the deed they have been doing with their girls so ... I popped 3 of Bonnie's eggs in my bator.

Today I moved all 3 in to my hatcher. They are all trying to pip the inner air cell. [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

How old is Mosby, MP? Just wondering how long I will have to wait for signs of fertility in Diesel, my black orp roo.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Awesome! I sure hope you have good luck on the Suede babies you've started. [​IMG]

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Crowing

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    HOORAY! I'm so excited for you! Keeping fingers crossed that those chicks will make it here safely. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    He is nearing 31 weeks old.

I have my [​IMG] for some Suede babies to be gal pals with my Mosby babies [​IMG]

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] Oh Boy!!!!. [​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    TOH I am having agonizing waiting pains for those 2 splashes from your eggs to get to mating and egg laying age! The splash boy is big. That buff blue X is bigger! I am waiting to cross him with some blacks and buffs. I am in agony to see what those will look like since he is so deep brassy red. For now I put him in my main laying house. I am running out of places for cockerals to prove themselves!

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

[​IMG]

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    LOL...Talk about addicted!.....

Remember I said I was not hatching out anymoreeeee blue orps...LOL...wellllllllll I'm considering it [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anddddd I got some Light Brahmas eggs I'm saving and not putting in the fridge for a reason [​IMG]

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    At least I am not alone in my addiction! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: