Just a story of my flocks. I have 3 flocks that average 10 layers. One flock of pullets are a mix of breeds and some like to go broody often. Their coop was originally only intended for them to roost in and free range. I since added 3 external nests. The first time 1 went broody, a second wanted to join the fun a couple days later and shared a nest. They ended up killing all but 1 with kindness. This time 3 went broody forcing the rest to lay on the floor unless they can catch one out of the nest. They were supposed to start hatching tomorrow the 18th and then more on Thursday. I have been building a coop for roosters with separate stalls. I added nest boxes and planned on moving the broodies and their eggs to nests in this house based on when they went broody and when the eggs were set. It was mayhem today. 4 eggs had already hatched in 2 nests. I put all the broodies in a cage, put the chicks and oldest eggs in 1 new nest. I put the first broody(black leghorn[first timer]) in that nest and blocked her in. I put the rest of the about to hatch eggs in the next apartment nest, then added the next broody(ameracauna). Her original nest had a chick and she didn't like eggs with no chick. I added new dated eggs to the original coop nest for the one that just went broody. Hopefully all will go well.