3 Chicks Inn Construction Complete

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pclark17, Jan 6, 2017.

1. pclark17

pclark17 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2017
    Western Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    Here is a pic of our 3 Chicks Inn coop/run that was completed in November. We have two 12 week old RIR's and a barred rock that moved in after Thanksgiving and have settled comfortably. They seem to love their new space, we are currently working on creating a tunnel from the right corner of the pic (right of coop) so that I can open that and they have access to the yard during the day. For a rookie run builder, how did I do?

2. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    That's a nice looking setup. Great job.

3. pclark17

pclark17 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2017
    Western Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    We made a small addition to the pre-fab coop the girls are in. I took some leftover roof shingles and decided to dress the place up a little bit. The ladies seem to love it, as soon as I was done all three jumped up to inspect my work...or to see what all that noise was about!

4. Howard E

Howard E Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2016
    Missouri
    Looks good to me. I have now met someone who could rival my daughter in creativity. That is just too funny.

One suggestion on your gate / pass through door. To keep it square and to prevent it from sagging / racking over time, run a diagonal from the upper side opposite the hinges (to the right of the "chicks inn") sign to the lower left corner below the hinges. I'd run it on the inside. Just nail or screw it on.......corner to corner.

If that gate/door doesn't close on it's own, just throw a screen door spring on it on the inside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by