3 chicks need gender and/or breed identification

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AmyL, Jul 3, 2011.

1. AmyL

AmyL New Egg

Aug 1, 2009
    North Central Texas
    I have a few 5 week-old chicks I need to verify gender and/or breed. They were ordered from Ideal.

This chick is supposed to be a she. Did Ideal sex it right?

[​IMG]

Is this little darling an EE? It was supposed to be a female Gold Sex Link, which I think it's not. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this handsome Black Langshan is supposed to be a roo. Please, confirm that it is, pretty please??

[​IMG]

Your help is greatly appreciated. This is one AWESOME place to learn about chickies.

Amy L.

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    The first one is a rooster, the second an EE hen, and the langshan is a boy. [​IMG] All are beautiful. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    pic 1 - Probably an EE. Definitely a rooster with such a bright red comb so young...

pic 2 - Does it have a muff/beard? If it does then an EE. If not, may be a White Jersey Giant.

pic 3 - 99% sure it's a rooster (it's got quite a comb already!).

4. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    The top 2 are EEs... the wheaton is a roo and the white is a pullet, the langshan is a roo.

5. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    1-EE roo [​IMG]
    2-EE hen [​IMG]
    3- yes, that's a langshan roo [​IMG]:

6. AmyL

AmyL New Egg

Aug 1, 2009
    North Central Texas
    Well, I'm relieved that my Black Langshan is a roo. I soooo wanted another BL rooster. My other one died this past spring. He was such a wonderful flock manager.

OTOH, the EE roo does not make me overly happy. He was supposed to be a she, but when I saw how red the comb was becoming, I thought, I bet she's a he. But, if I can manage 3 roos with 34 hens, I might keep him. I have some Black Copper Marans he might help me get a few olive eggers from, maybe.

Thanks, bunches, everyone for your IDs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by