3 day old chick not eating feed

Kensington

Hatching
11 Years
Feb 16, 2008
Hello everyone,

I found an abandoned baby chick wandering out in the yard and got him set up in big box with all the comforts, but he doesn't seem to be all that interested in his food yet. I have a little dish of starter, and some spread out on the ground, which he kind of pecks at but isn't really eating. He's drinking water, has an amazing little personality, and otherwise seems healthy, I'm just worried that he might not be right inside or something.

Thank you for your advice,
Kens

Kens...is this one of your hens babies?? I would hard boil an egg...and chop it up...try feeding it to the wee one. MOST babies will eat hard boiled egg. Got pics?? You might want to try to put some cooked rice in for it as well.....just a few pieces at first..hopefully it will eat it! Good luck, I hope it eats for ya...oh..and got pics??

Yes try scrambled or hard boiled egg - all mushed up. That's what my 12 new babies are getting today for their first meal and they are gobbling it up and chasing each other for a piece.

If it won't eat on it's own you may have to gently open its beak and put a small piece in.

Back
Top Bottom