3 day old chick still having trouble walking

Georgetownchick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 29, 2012
I have a three day old chicken. It has never walked. I posted a pictuer here and was told it had splayed legs. I did the band-aid thing last night. It still won't stand up or walk. It flaps its wings to get around. I am hand watering it but it will eat food if I put it in front of it. Should I just continue to wait and see what it does with the band aid holding its legs together? Otherwise it seems very healthy.

Hi, where were the pics you posted? straddle legs can take a few days to fix, but if the band aid hobble is in place and the chick still isnt walking up on both feet it probably isn't spraddle leg.

Here is the original picture I posted. Every once in awhile it will sit more upright and look around where as before it was always looking down.

Can you get a pic from table view so we can see its legs? Is it staying on its legs and just scooting? If its a scooter you can put it in a tall narrow glass with a bit of paper towel at the bottom...narrower the better. This keeps the chick from sitting down all the way and strengthens the leg muscles in the correct position.

Back
Top Bottom