3 day old with blood in poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chew593, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

I just brought home 4 chicks from a local orchard supply and noticed that there's pinkish stuff in their poo. Could be blood but I'm not totally sure. I don't know which one might be having the issue. THey seem fine Active eating sleeping pooping. I checked all the vents and they're clean. Should I worry?

2. Chew593

[​IMG] la la la... helloooo???

3. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Are you sure its blood? If so, look up coccidiosis...don't wait, bc that can kill the chicks and also spread if not treated...

4. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    You should buy some sulmet, it helps with some disease.
    For now you can give some apple cider vinager in the water, that will help if it ate something and got stuck.
    Is it eating and drinking? and how is it acting?

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You need to give members more than 5 minutes to answer you. [​IMG] Are they on medicated feed? It could be nothing or could be coccidiosis, if they've been on the ground. How old are they?

6. MNmommy

MNmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    central MN
  7. Chew593

Quote:Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I was just worried and really new to this. I had posted on another thread and was trying to be funny. They are 3 days.

8. Chew593

Quote:thank you... I'll just keep an eye on them.

9. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    It would be good for there digestive system if you still give a very little bit of apple cider viniger in there water, just a little less than a teaspoon.
    And it is also good for a lot of different reasons.

10. Chew593

Quote:thank you... I'll do that right away. Just less then a tsp and I'm using a small mason jar type waterer I bought at TSC. I'm on it, and thanks for the feedback.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by