3 day's from internal pip, Help needed

Lovedolphin13

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2021
Hi, It has been about 3 days from an internal pip and so far no external pip has been made. I didn't understand the difference of temperature between a still air incubator and a forced air, so the temperature has been a little colder than it should be.(around 98 in temp in the final hatching days) So that probably slowed down hatching, I'm just worried that they are stuck because I read it should only take 24 hours from internal pip to external. Here is a picture of it. Should I try to help it out? These are mallard duck eggs and it is on day 31 of hatching. Any help is appreciated.
20210410_152804.jpg

I’m not versed in hatching ducks. Thought I might have read that pip and zip take longer in ducks than chickens? If it were a chicken I personally would put a safety hole in the blunt end. Can you see it moving like it’s breathing?

I’m not versed in hatching ducks. Thought I might have read that pip and zip take longer in ducks than chickens? If it were a chicken I personally would put a safety hole in the blunt end. Can you see it moving like it’s breathing?
sorry for late reply! one just started hatching after 33 days! a very late hatch. Thanks for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom