1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

3 days vs 18 days

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, Aug 20, 2010.

1. TLWR

TLWR Songster 8 Years

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Holy crap have they grown!
    Same waterer. I knew they grew a ton, but until I saw the 2 pics side by side... WOW

18 days old today
    [​IMG]

3 days old
    [​IMG]

2. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Songster

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    Wow, that is amazing.
    they are so darn cute still.
    those little baby wings.
    [​IMG]

3. OMG [​IMG]
    I have 5 Runners and a Pekin in a 45 gall tote....looks like they are going to fill that tote in no time.

4. I just went and looked at your back posts from when you got them. Couldnt figure out why 1 of your 18 day old white/yellow ones had a dark bill. My blue runner babies dont look like your blue runner baby...hmmm, go figure

5. TLWR

TLWR Songster 8 Years

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Yeah, I noticed your blue babies were, well, blue.
    Mine only has a blue bill and feet, though she has some darker stuff on her and she's getting some blue butt feathers too lol

6. Oh well, it will be interesting to see the colours they turn out once the are bigger. Maybe yours will be more of a pale blue, silvery colour and mine will be a steel grey blue. Oh the wonders of mother nature.

7. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    Quote:The nubbin wings are the best! Something about those tiny little wings on gawky teen ducks seems so silly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: