3 Free Mallards in Need In The Harrisonburg/Stanley Va. Area.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Help!!!If there's anyone here that lives near Harrisonburg/Stanley Virginia I know of 3 young mallards that need a good home. They belong to an elderly gentleman who got them as ducklings earlier in the year. 2 drakes and 1 female. Now they are growing up and the 2 drakes are fighting over the female and one of the drakes is losing pretty bad. My friend lives next door (she's been TRYING to take care of them, even though she is not a duck person, making sure they are fed and locked up at night etc., because this guy doesn't seem to care). She tells me the stupid guy is saying he is going to go dump them at the local park if she doesn't want them. Grrrrrrrr!! These ducks need a home with more females and I just can't take anymore drakes. (Though I promise I will have her bring them to me as a last resort if need be. I am HOURS and HOURS away from her and my hubby will not be pleased, But I will NOT let them just be dumped!) I have placed an ad on craigs list for her but no hits. Anybody know anybody, or live anywhere near there that can get them. People are just so ignorant sometimes. Why would he get the ducks if he was just going to dump them? UGH! Sometimes I just hate people! I'm trying to do what I can from here, with care advice etc. My friend is so upset and doing what she can for them but she's just not set up for ducks and has never owned them before. They're sweet little things according to her. [​IMG]

If you can help. please.. PLEASE.. let me know.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Wow. Ok.[​IMG]

3. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Maybe try posting this on the for sale forum...you can still put up free ducks there you might get a response [​IMG]

Would your friend be fine to take them if they weren't fighting? Or she just doesn't want ducks period?

Because you could always take the female, and with her being gone the boys should settle down, and become the best of buds!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by