3 free RIR roosters in SC 'UPDATE' rescue these boys from the knife

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by scgamecock, Feb 9, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Nothing wrong with them and neither are they mean.I got them last spring from my local feed store via Ideal poultry.They can be picked up and held without too much squirming.Anyone intersted?

Maybe good news.A friend of my wife is seriously considering taking the big red guys and turning them loose at her horse barn.She doesn't have any other chickens but I'm trying to convince her she needs some barnyard rooster's around.Hopefully she will take them and I know they would enjoy living out there with her and being free.They are really nice lovable boys and I will hate to see them go but I just have to get shed of some roo's.They also hardly ever crow so that's a plus if you don't like noise.Personally I enjoy hearing the different crows.Also on a sad note I came home to find my bantam light brahma dead in the chicken house.No marks on her so I'm not sure what happened.We will miss her and she also has survived a dog attack last spring.There was 15 bantams killed and only 8 survived and she was one of them.Burying a chicken when you get home just ruins your day.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  2. vicmower

vicmower Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    What town in S.C. Thanks, Victor, Macon, Ga.

3. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Conway SC near Myrtle Beach

4. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I still have them. I'll try to get a picture Saturday and post it.

5. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    bump for update

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Oh I wish I could take one. are they really not noise LOL I am in MD though LOL.

Henry

7. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Yes they are very quiet.I guess they aren't allowed to crow since my two Barred Rocks do all the crowing.

8. Rocket Raley

Rocket Raley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    Hi, wish I could help, but I have more Roos then I really should have myself.

9. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Well that didn't work out but it looks like these fine boys will be heading for the knife.I think I have someone who wants them to butcher and I really hate to have that happen.Hard to imagine doing that to them when they will eat out of your hand and let you hold them like they do.Will someone rescue these boy's? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  10. Rocket Raley

Rocket Raley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    I hate to hear that. I wish I could take them but I'm taking in 29 two year olds Wed. and my DH said no more for awhile cause that puts me at 60 chickens now. and four coops / pens.

Unless you want to come build a coop / pen for them. [​IMG]
    Then he can't complain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by