3 gallon heated poultry waterer - Allied Precision Industries Inc.

Windy Bay Farm

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I purchased this product less than a year ago and already have a problem. The heater doesn't seem to be working as the water is partially frozen. Has anyone else had this waterer and had issues with the heating portion ? If so, did you fix it ? And how so ?

I have the same product - no problems so far. Can you return it? It shouldn't be broken this quickly. Sounds like the thermostats' shot..........
hmm.png

I have the same product - no problems so far. Can you return it? It shouldn't be broken this quickly. Sounds like the thermostats' shot..........:/

Thanks for your response.

They won't let me return it as they are saying the warranty has expired. I literally used it for 5 months last winter and put it away for the summer. Paid about $60 for it and they won't even let me purchase another one for half price. I guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks for your response.

They won't let me return it as they are saying the warranty has expired. I literally used it for 5 months last winter and put it away for the summer. Paid about $60 for it and they won't even let me purchase another one for half price. I guess I'm out of luck.

Hmmmm.... when companies do stuff like that, my usual response is to find every site I can post on and give them a rotten review! It usually doesn't achieve a new product, but it makes me feel better!
barnie.gif

Did you contact the dealer or the manufacturer? I understand that Miller purchased Allied last year. Allied had good customer service. Miller seems to have good customer service as well. I'd try another phone call.

I just started my second season with two of the 3 gallon heated founts, I hope they hold up.

Hmmmm.... when companies do stuff like that, my usual response is to find every site I can post on and give them a rotten review! It usually doesn't achieve a new product, but it makes me feel better!  :barnie

Did you contact the dealer or the manufacturer?  I understand that Miller purchased Allied last year.  Allied had good customer service.  Miller seems to have good customer service as well.  I'd try another phone call.  

I just started my second season with two of the 3 gallon heated founts, I hope they hold up.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I already went back to my local feed store to see if there's anything they will do. Seeing as I literally used it for 5 months last winter and then stored it away, I figured that they would at least let me return it in exchange for another one. Nope. They said the best they would be able to do is find out if they can get replacement parts in and I would have to pay for those. I told them to forget it. That will be the last dollar that Allied or Miller ever gets out of me, that I can assure you ! I paid $60 for that thing and only used it for 5 months ! It's highway robbery !

Back
Top Bottom